The Real Food RDs
Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato
10 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 10 Total Time
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ⅓ cup hot pepper sauce (such as Whole30 compliant Frank's Red Hot
- 2 Tbsp. ghee (may sub coconut oil OR butter (not whole30 compliant) )
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne (optional - adds more heat)
- 4 small baked sweet potatoes (about 7 oz. each uncooked)
- Homemade ranch dressing (optional)
½ cup mayo (Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo)
¼ - ⅓ cup full-fat canned coconut milk (may need to blend to mix together)
1 tsp. dried parsley
½ tsp. dried dill
½ tsp. dried garlic powder
½ tsp. dried onion powder
½ tsp. dried chives
¼ tsp. sea salt (add additional sea salt if desired)
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
(To make, simply mixx all ingredients together and chill)
Place chicken in a slow cooker set on low.
In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine the hot sauce, ghee, coconut aminos, garlic powder and optional cayenne. Stir together and heat until ghee is melted.
Pour sauce into slow cooker.
Cook for 4-6 hour on low or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and toss with sauce.
Turn slow cooker to warm (or remain on low) until ready to serve.
Serve chicken in baked sweet potatoes and drizzle with ranch if desired.
Serve with carrots and celery on the side.