Jay's Baking Me Crazy
Pizza Potato Skins
1 hr, 20 Cook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 4 organic russet potatoes
- 8 tablespoons pizza sauce
- Whole30-compliant Italian Beef Sausage Links, removed from casing and browned
- 30 slices pepperoni (check for no added sugar or nitrates)
- Black olives (optional)
- 8 oz sautéed mushrooms (optional)
- Roasted garlic (optional)
- any other favorite pizza topping
Preheat oven to 400° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
Wash and poke holes in the potatoes, brush with coconut oil and bake for about 40 minutes or until tender.
Let cool for about 10 minutes, then cut the potatoes in half and scoop out most of the inside. A cookie scoop works best for this. It removes the filling without ruining the skin.
Brush both sides with coconut oil again and bake face down on the sheet tray for 7 minutes.
Turn over and bake 5 minutes.
Fill with sauce, sausage, mushrooms, olives, garlic, and pepperoni. Sprinkle some pizza seasoning or oregano on before the pepperoni if desired.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until pepperoni is crispy. Serve hot.