Paleo Gluten-free Eats
Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
10 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 3 medium baked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or homemade date syrup
- 3 tablespoons collagen peptides
- 2 tablespoons golden milled flax meal
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 large eggs
Before you begin, make sure you have 3 baked sweet potatoes prepared. If you don't you can easily make them by cutting the sweet potatoes in half, drizzling with olive oil, setting on a baking tray, and cooking on 350F for about 20-30 minutes until soft.
Preheat convection toaster to 350F (you can also use a regular oven, but the cooking time will vary- probably 20-30 minutes longer cooking time).
Add all ingredients into a food processor and puree until completely smooth! This may take a minute or two of blending.
Divide the batter between four small ramekins (I use Staub's small cocottes). Bake on 350F in a convection toaster for 50 minutes until golden brown on top (I used my Cuisinart toaster oven).
Optional: Top with vanilla bean coconut yogurt, bee pollen, and caramelized bananas (make by slicing, drizzling in coconut oil, and baking for a few minutes until caramelized).