A Family Feast
West Coast Chicken
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1½ pounds organic boneless skinless chicken breast and thigh mix, cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces sweet onion cut into strips
- 4 ounces organic sweet bell pepper cut into strips (any combination of red, yellow and orange)
- 1 head organic Tuscan Kale, stripped from ribs and roughly chopped and rinsed (discard ribs)
- ¼ cup organic Balsamic vinegar
- 1 can pitted black olives, drained and sliced
- 10 organic sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil variety), cut into strips
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cold clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh Whole30-compliant pesto
Lay out chicken strips and season both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme.
In a very large skillet, over high heat, pour in two tablespoons of the olive oil and let get smoking hot.
Piece by piece, lay in half the chicken and cook for about two minutes per side, then remove to a platter.
Repeat for remainder of the chicken.
Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and reduce to medium high.
Add onions and stir two minutes then add peppers and stir and cook for two additional minutes.
Add kale including any water stuck to leaves from rinsing and toss and cook 2 more minutes.
Add vinegar and cook for about two minutes to deglaze.
Add olives, tomatoes, stock and cooked chicken, including any liquid from chicken.
Cook to evaporate some of the liquid, about two minutes, then remove from heat and add cold clarified butter and pesto and toss to combine.